Zucchini (Courgette) noodles served with crushed tomatoes, olives, anchovies, capers, chilli flakes and basil. A tasty low-carb option for lunch.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
1. Add the olive oil to a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring, until fragrant (around 1 minute).
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, chili flakes, olives and capers and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the sauce has started to reduce.
4. Add basil, taste and season with more salt or extra chilli if preferred.
5. Serve with zucchini noodles (spiralized zucchini) or other low-carb noodles such as shirataki noodles. You can use raw zucchini noodles or briefly cook them on a lightly greased pan for 1 to 3 minutes.
6. Drizzle with olive oil, top with parmesan and optionally serve with more basil. Store the sauce in a container in the fridge up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.