This healthy vegan keto-breakfast recipe is easy to prepare, low in carbs, low sugar and makes for a delicious start to the day.
Prep: 10 mins
1. Place the chopped walnuts, chia seeds, MCT oil powder if using, cacao nibs, cacao powder, sweetener of your choice, ground cinnamon and sea salt in a larger airtight container at least 4 cups (950 ml) in size.
2. Rotate the ingredients until everything is fully coated.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract, stirring until everything is incorporated.
4. Cover and place in the fridge overnight, for at least 12 hours. When ready to serve, stir well then divide evenly between four bowls and enjoy.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Make it nut-free: omit the walnut pieces and use coconut or dairy milk.
- If the chia seeds don’t gel up after 12 hours, it could be because of the brand used. This doesn’t happen often, but if it does to you, just add 2 tablespoons more of the chia. Or, let the mixture sit out on the counter for 4 hours or so.
1/3 cup(38g) walnut pieces, chopped
1/4 cup(38g) chia seeds
1/4 cup(24g) MCT oil powder or 1/4 cup (60ml) MCT oil, optional