1. Lightly grease a casserole dish and preheat the oven to 400f/200c.
2. Peel the butternut squash, thinly slicing off both the top and bottom and then lengthwise across the middle so that it forms two halves. Remove both the seeds using an ice cream scoop or a grapefruit spoon. Chop these two halves into 1 inch chunks and place inside a casserole dish.
3. Into the casserole dish add the minced garlic, parsley, salt and oil, combining them well with the squash. Cover the casserole dish with a lid and then bake for 45 minutes.
4. Blend together the 'cheese' ingredients - almonds, pecans, nutritional yeast, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil until they’re chunky. Be sure to leave plenty of nut pieces for the texture.
6. After about 45 minutes when the squash is tender, remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350f/175c.
5. Add the chopped kale in, stirring, then sprinkle the ‘cheese’ onto the squash. Bake this for another 5-8 minutes until the nuts become toasted slightly – but watch so that they don’t burn. Take out of the oven and serve!