A crunchy, oil-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan option that's easy to make and ideal for on-the-go snacking.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Spread onto one half of a dish towel, fold over the other half, and thoroughly dry them. Remove any shells that may loosen in the process.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Toss with the sea salt.
4. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the chickpeas out evenly on the pan. Bake for 45 minutes, checking and stirring every 15 for even baking/browning. Watch them closely for the last 10 minutes as they can burn easily.
5. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before eating. Or to ensure maximum crispiness, you can turn off the oven, crack the door, and let them cool in there for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.