Dinner, Lunch, Main Budget-Diets, Ketogenic, Ketogenic-Vegan, Ketogenic-Vegetarian
July 16, 2015
Add your favourite beans to a spicy tomato sauce with chunks of courgette, mushrooms, etc. Serve with a baked sweet potato for the perfect accompaniment.
1. Heat oven to 400F / 200C / Gas 6
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray in the oven. Bake for at least one hour, until tender.
3. Heat oil in a pot.
4. Add red and green bell peppers, mushrooms and onion and cook until softened.
5. Add garlic and cook about a minute, then add chili powder, cumin, tomatoes and beans.
6. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
7. Add zucchini and continue cooking until tender, about 10 minutes.
8 Split the sweet potato and fluff the flesh a little with a fork. Pile some of the chilli on top and garnish with some chopped cilantro (coriander) if desired.
1 medium sweet potato per person
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large handful mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 jar chopped tomatoes
1 jar black/kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups zucchini (courgette) or yellow squash (or a combination) diced
Your review ...
All fields are required to submit a review.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.